Sunday, January 12, 2014

"Duality"

I read somewhere in a book about the Mayans the term, ‘The Duality of Everything’. ‘As Above So Below’, Yin Yang, Negative Positive (Electric Universe), Night Day, it’s endless. So with the ‘Duality of Life’, is there another one of you out there, somewhere?  Why do you constantly getting the feeling when you go to a new place, ‘I’ve been here before’. Someone says something ‘out of the blue’, it strikes a nerve with you deeply. You brush it off, but it’s still lingers with you. Who is the Character in your Dreams, the other you? In your sleep do you visit other Realities that your Spirit on the Other Side lives in? Joseph Campbell  https://www.google.com/search?q=joseph+campbell&rlz=1C1LDJZ_enUS508US547&espv=210&es_sm=93&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=VZzRUr_9EcWIogSPj4LgDQ&ved=0CEEQsAQ&biw=1920&bih=978 , a true American literary hero says that Duality is ‘you after Death’. Is that you in your dreams, continuing to live on long after the death of your physical body?

I use to love listening to Joseph Campbell on his PBS (Back when PBS could be trusted?) Series, and with Bill Moyer interviewing Joseph Campbell.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2F7Wwew8X4Y  I can’t think of anyone else from my childhood who had more influence on me than Joseph Campbell. Mr. Campbell could relate to Mother Nature in words as no other. Mr.Campbell responds to a question from Bill Moyer about how Americans have from day one, turned from Mother Nature. And believing that mankind has the power over Mother  Nature.

‘That’s not simply a characteristic of modern Americans, that is the biblical condemnation of Nature which inherited from their own religion, and brought with them, mainly from England. “God” is separate from Nature and Nature is condemned of “God”. It is right there in Genesis: we (man) are to be the masters of the World. But if you think of ourselves coming out of the Earth (pure Hopi), rather than having been thrown in here from somewhere else, you see that we are the Earth, we are the consciousness of the Earth. These are the eyes of the Earth. And these are the voice of the Earth.’ ‘The whole Planet is an Organism’.

Duality shouldn’t be confused with Dualism. Dualism is the belief that one side is Good and one side is Bad. While Duality embraces both side of everything. Some examples by Mr. Campbell:

‘We want to talk about “God”; “God” is a name, “God” is a thought, “God” is an idea, but its reference is to something that transcends all thinking. “he” is beyond all categories of being and non-being. “He” neither is nor is not.’

‘Whenever one moves out of the transcendent, one come into a field of opposites. One has been eaten by the ‘Tree of Knowledge’, not only of good and evil, but also of male and female, of right and wrong. Everything in the field of “Time”is dual: past and future, dead and alive, being and nonbeing, love and hate. But the ultimate pair in the imagination (psyche) is that of male and female.’

‘One of the problems of life is to live with the realisation of both terms, that is to say, ‘I know the centre and I know that good and evil are simply temporal aberrations, and that in “God’s” view, there is no difference’.

Everything in life is made up of Matter, yet even Matter has a Duality to it. For Matter is made up of both Matter and Wave called ‘Wave-Particle Duality’, http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/mod1.html and if you listen to this presentation by Bill Donahue you will see this explained in the Christian bible.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMqIclgXalQ You live with your Body and Soul, Duality. In Genesis 1:26-27, ‘it is the unified body and soul that is made in “His” image’. ‘In order to eat, you have to be hungry. In order to learn, you have to be ignorant. Ignorance is a condition of learning. Pain is a condition of health. Passion is a condition of thought. Death is a condition of life’. (Robert Anton Wilson) ‘Is the “God” the source, or is the “God” a human manner of conceiving the force and energy that supports the World? In our tradition “God” is a male. This male and female differentiation is made, however, within the field of “Time” and Space, the field of Duality. If “God” is beyond Duality, you cannot say that “God” is a “he”. You cannot say “God” is a “She”. You cannot say “God” is an “It’. (Joseph Campbell)

As you walk through life on a daily bases, you constantly have 2 choices. Do I do ther positive thing in this or that situation, or do I do negative reaction? Do I kick the Dog because life is being hard on me, or do I pet the Dog? Knowing that I’m man or woman enough, to overcome these situations in life where you have been dealt a bad hand. This battle over Good and Evil plays out before you. These battles for you of positive or negative are put in place for a reason. This is part of your Spiritual development. Without hardships in life, mankind would never grow Spiritually. And it is up to the individual to make advancements in ones own Spiritual growth. These decisions are laid out before and only you can affect the outcome of your own development.

The Duality of Everything is your life’s contest. You can either advance or get left behind, you are your own “God”. Mankind is not competing with others around them, they are completing for their own Spiritual Survival. And just maybe the survival of your ‘Other’ is dependent on the actions one takes here on Mother Earth.

It took two tries but I passed my Electrical Contractor Commercial test Monday. it took two tries, having failed the first try by only 6 questions. In total I took three test. I passed the Business part with one try, the electrical part took two tries for a total of three (I’m going somewhere with this.) The day of the test I was a nervous wreck having failed the first “Time” around. And knowing if I failed again I’d have to wait another 30 days to retest. Plus the fact in my mind at age 66 my retention of these type questions in not the same as my youth. I studied my ass off for the test, getting 90% on practise tests. I arrived at the testing center called PSI, a nervous mess, my hands were shaking. The environment at the testing center last try was negative and of course I picked up on this. There was a black women who weigh over 300 pounds with a ‘talk to the hand’ attitude. who checked me in. It all just went downhill from their. Things were a bit different this test Monday. As soon as I walked into PSI, things were calmer. The lady said you must be Ron and the test was ready for me, before I was just another number. The lady said you are on computer 13 after taking my picture> I said to her, ‘is there some hidden meaning here’ and nervously laughed.  I had 4 hours to complete 110 questions, open code book. The first “Time” took the whole 4 hours of continuous testing, looking up every answer in my code book, twice as big as the Bible. This “Time” around took only 3 hours as I was much better prepared than the first test try.

You sit down to a computer and take the test and the computer lets you know almost instantly if you failed or passed. I felt good about the test and didn’t even re-lookup my answers. When completed the computer said I’d passed the test, I raised my hands to the sky and said Thank You “God”. I picked up my belongings and went to front desk to get my paper work for the Arizona Registrar of Contractors. It turns out computer 13 gave me a 70% correction, way below my practise test scores. That was fine as 70% was a passing grade. I felt as if the entire ordeal was a ‘Ritual’. The next day I took all my paperwork to the ROC, to get my contractor license in motion as it will take from 1 to 3 months before my contractors license is active. The date was 1/7/14 and the amount of the fee for the contractors license was $770, the ‘Ritual was complete. There was nothing but sevens on this afternoon. 7 day, year 14 divided by 2 = 7 as it was 2014. The fee was $770, what can I say, there is a “God”!!!

Tibetan Book of the Dead

‘Elucidation of the Intermediate State of Rebirth’ pt. 19

As is described (in the oral instruction) above, if you are to be born a male, you will feel attachment towards the mother and aversion towards the father. If you are to be born a female, you will feel attachment to the father and aversion towards the mother. Thus you will come to experience jealousy, (a conflict of attachment and aversion). Specific to this stage, there is profound oral instruction. O, Child of Buddha Nature, when the feeling of attachment and aversion arise, meditate as follows: Alas, sentient being such as I, with such negative past actions, have, up until now, roamed in cyclic existence. I have continued to wander in this way, being driven on by my feelings of attachment and aversion. If, especially at this time, I continue to be influenced by attachments and aversion, there is a danger that I will roam into the limitlessly (diverse) state of cyclic existence and risk sinking into the ocean of suffering, for a very long time. Therefore, now, from the very beginning, I must not generate attachments or aversions. Oh dear, Oh dear! As of now, I shall never again be motivated by attachments or aversions. By concentrating intently on this thought, as it is said in the tantras, the womb entrance will be obstructed by this (singular intent) alone. O, Child of Buddha Nature, do not be distracted! Concentrate your mind on this thought, with a one-pointed intention.

“God” bless on this Sunday afternoon, may you have sweet dreams with a soft landing.

bye

PS: “Alien”




No comments: